Sunday 9 August 2009

There is post....

"Dear to my heart,

Sometimes I still wonder about us. I found myself crossing the Millennium bridge on Friday night because I thought I saw you in the middle of it walking south. I tried to catch up, I walked across the street to the crossroads of Temple Bar and looked up and down the street to see if it was really you. I still don't know if it was or not. And I guess if it had have been you, your long legs would have been no match for my short ones. And I wondered why I didn't call out your name, shout it across the busy Friday night streets? I wondered if I was too scared that it was really you and I wondered if I did meet you again what I might say? Maybe nothing. Maybe we exist outside of conversation, apart from the social musings and things you say to people you haven't seen for a decade. Maybe if I spoke to you, you wouldn't be you any more, or I wouldn't be me. The me you know, the me you helped to create. But then, also, alongside all of those thoughts, I really wanted to see you, to see your face up close and to hear your voice and see you smile at me, again. It's been too long and I think about you too often for it to be nothingness. For us to exist in the nothingness. But that's where we sprang from, and that's where we are. That's where I know I love you. In the nothingness of us.

I write because I don't want to not record that moment. That moment when I thought I saw you and was glad. And I write because some how I feel you will feel me if I write it down. That's how it always was, that's how it still is. We were always words on a page, and the reality in the flesh was never meant to be, only briefly.

Only briefly flesh, the rest was ink and paper criss crossing the land, what can I say to express that? Nothing. I know it. You know what you know and we know some things together. We have not met in the flesh for a decade. We may never meet again. But I hear you in the sea, and sometimes, I can fly.

Sorry, sorry from my heart xxx

1 comment: